It never ceases to amaze me how funny and athletic my son is. You would think by now nothing would surprise me since he climbed up the stairs at 8 months. Maybe that is normal though. He can climb anywhere he wants and has been able to hold his own weight up for a long time. Will has him hang from the monkey bars every time we are at the park. A month ago I heard him grunting and he was hanging from the railing on our stairs. Yes, hanging on the outside of the stairs and he was able to recover and pull himself back up. So last week I caught him standing on his head. The pics don't quite do it justice since he got higher up with his feet than that. The pic where he has his fingers on his cheeks I am not quite sure what he is doing. He was in time out for something, probably hitting and I went to check on him and he was doing that. I love that he is beginning to get the whole empathy thing too. I love seeing him grow and develop. He knows when he hurts someone or even when they are sad. He has them bend down to his level so he can pet them on the head and say "soft." He says "sorry" immediately now as well as signs it. I took his friend's milk away today because I thought he was done. Ryan realized he was sad before I did and went to console him. Ryan is really such an amazing boy and each day I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am to have him.
XXXVV Still? Really!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment