Monday, June 23, 2008

So it Begins.....

So this morning I woke up at 6:45 to Ryan kind of whining. I asked Will if he wanted to get up or if I should. Just when I was getting out of bed, I heard a loud thump followed by intense crying. I run up the stairs to find Ryan coming out of his doorway saying owwie (sp?) with tears streaming down his face. I knew Ryan was capable of this months ago and have seen him toy with the idea. He has been climbing up on tables, hanging from banisters and climbing up bookshelfs for months now so it wasn't a big surprise. I was more surprised at the timing of it. Usually he just hollers for one of us to come get him or if he has a nightmare starts crying. This time there was hardly anything before that and as soon as I was holding him he fell back asleep in my arms but wouldn't let me stick him in his crib again and was wide awake shortly after. So it begins....

Please let me know if you have any advice on this. I really don't want to move him into a toddler bed yet I don't want him to break his arm falling out of his crib.

6 comments:

The Fowers said...

Yeah, you don't want him to break his arm!!! Time for a toddler bed, and it will probably be easier than you think (after the first 3 nights). Good luck!

Stephanie said...

I think He has already made up your mind for you! (0: Have fun!

Sally said...

Hmm...barricade him in? ;)
Love the new look of your blog!

Unknown said...

do the toddler bed! or you can always buy those tent type things to put over a crib and cage him in!

Ryan is soooo adorable by the way! Olivia can't stop thinking about their kiss!

Kristen said...

They have things you can buy to put over the crib, like a net type thing. I actually think they're brilliant. Some parents may think its awful, but they arent! I'll see if I can find one online and send it over to ya!

Maryann said...

Carter's transition to a bed was so much easier than expected. You may want to just try it out. Good luck!