You would think I would finish my previous four posts that I started and promised to do but I thought this was good enough to make the blog even if I don't have any pictures to support it. I started off my day by rolling out of bed late and getting ready for volleyball. I was late getting up so I didn't shave my legs. I justified this since my hair is blond and I would be covered in sand within minutes too. I packed Ryan's bag and took the swim diaper out that happened to be in there since we weren't going swimming. I got his shovel, bucket and sand toys together so he would be entertained and off we went. We were almost there when I realized I had forgotten Ryan's toys. We didn't turn around so we hoped for the best. Surprisingly he did very well. We got probably 2 or 3 games in while he just played in the sand. It was getting warm so my friend took him inside for a few. Either on their way in or way out, her neighbor offered some sand toys to Ryan (a bucket, some shovels, and some cups). Great I thought, now he will be entertained. About 7 games later, we were exhausted from the sun and burning up. We decided to get in the pool. Yes all of us even though we didn't have swimsuits on. I was in my tank and running shorts, Will in his basketball shorts, and Ryan in his diaper (Yikes). And yes, everyone else jumped in too. Not just us. I have to say, it wasn't my idea and it took some convincing to let Ryan go in. After he swam for a little I took him out and changed his diaper. Within 5 minutes, he was back in. Wow, if you haven't seen a baby diaper soaked in water, those things are massive. It probably weighed as much as Ryan. So Ryan gets out of the pool, I turn my head and he had picked up a cigarette. Could this get any more white trash you ask? You betcha. Let me just add the pool was very nice and the sand volleyball court was great. The beer can and cigarette butts just give you a different impression. So we borrow some towels, get Ryan dressed get dried off and get ready to leave. Will when he was getting the towels, ran into the people who lent the toys to Ryan. He asks if they were the people who lent the toys and says how we appreciated it. In return they say as they are smoking, "not a problem, we found the toys in the dump this morning." Are you kidding me? Who in their right mind would loan out toys to a 2 year old that you found in the garbage dump without cleaning them or telling them? I have to say I had no part in that, I thought the toys were my friends at first and didn't really question them since Ryan was having a blast and I got in 2 and a half hours of excercise. The diaper now, thats a different story. Needless to say, it was a white trash labor day that turned out to be really fun and a little disgusting. Thanks to everyone who played volleyball that was great... and thanks to the dumpster digger who gave me something to blog about. I lathered Ryan up really well when we got home and was thankful he was playing in the sand so it made it not appealing to have his fingers by his face.
XXXVV Still? Really!
3 years ago
7 comments:
Classic! Thanks for the chuckle.
So you meant TRASH, literally. Pretty funny - glad you had fun.
Nice! I should start psyching people out by telling them I get my kids' toys out of the dumpster, too.
Hey, I don't mind if we have the same background! How funny that we have the same taste! You can tell everyone that I copied.
Honestly, that is funny, but gross. You are right...who in their right mind gives a child toys from a dumpster. Sad I missed that first hand. I was not feeling well all day yesterday. It might have been worth going sickly just to witness that. J/K
hey guys!! so i'm glad i found your blog. now we can keep in touch more eh?
nasty story bout the trashy toys. ewww- what thoughtful people. haha.
do you play sand v-ball much? invite us next time eh?
This post made me LOL and made Paul wonder what I was laughing at so I had to read it to him - who also LOL. Thanks for the great post! Even if it didn't have a picture to go with it - although that WOULD have been classic!!
Aw, gross. Kids are pretty tough--Glad he survived :)
Post a Comment