Thursday, May 10, 2007

Shanghai

We are in Shanghai now. We have been here about two days now. We went to the American Diner here and it was so yummy. I have to say, I still don't like the food here. They have some good treats though. Yesterday I went to class with Kell. Here students were so cute and naughty. They liked me and called me sister most of the time. They let me play games with them and fought over which team I was on. We played the name game and some race games. I want to take this chubby kid named Mark home with me. I went to the zoo also. I swear I wrote about this somewhere but apparently not on my blog. The zoo was sad. Mostly the part just were the "pets" were. They had all these dogs in bad conditions. Kind of like a pet store. The other animals had pretty good homes. The people will throw all sorts of food to the animals. Kids can reach in and grab them too. I have said this before but it is so different here. I saw the cutest baby monkey and elephant. They closed the elephant show for the day so I didn't get to ride the elephant.

Today we went to the Jade Budah temple and also the Yuan Gardens. They were really pretty. The incense burning was a little much for me. We went to the Italian Restaurant here. I know I sound like a food snob but it is bad here. I don't trust the food. We got a pinapple at the fruit market and they cut it for you with their rusty knives. Good thing I got my shots. We also went shopping again today. It is fun and a game in and of itself. You try and see how low you can go. Today I got a price from 1500 down to 200. They seem so insulted but they mark up the price by usually 300 to 800 percent. It is bad. It gets tiring bartering for everything. Well I am going to bed. I will add pics later.

No comments: