Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Crazy Life

Ok, so I haven't written in a long time and surely I have more to write about than the owls that come visit us. This post is more for me so I can keep track of the monumental moments or craziness in my life that are currently going on. I am in Kansas City right now awaiting the arrival of my newest nephew. Ry is having a lot of fun with his cousin Ethan and also having some battles. Both kids are pretty strong minded and have their own opinions on what toys are whose, and how they should be played with. Just when I think I want another kid, I have a glimpse of the craziness that 2 kids bring. Tomorrow (I guess technically today since it is past midnight) I will probably change my mind when I see Kaylynn's new tiny baby.

Ryan is talking more and more while I am out here. He misses his Daddy a lot and frequently asks for him. Yesterday on the phone he said "I love you daddy," it melted us both. Today as we walked to the door he knocked and said "Daddy ... Charlie" like he fully expected them to be there when we opened the door. On the webcam Ry was talking to my sister and I asked him to say his colors. I said "will you say purple" and his reply was "no purple mommy." He is so stinking cute.

On another note, Will closed on our house yesterday. Since I caught a last minute flight I had to give him power of attorney so we could close by himself. I haven't really taken the time to think about it or even be excited. I have definitely felt the stress even 400 miles away (Ok, so I don't know my distances so I could be way off). I am such a control freak and stress that things won't go right or that Will won't know what to do. Sure I know he is perfectly capable but he is not me so I have a hard time with it. He is busy at home packing and getting stuff done. Any other normal person or wife would love the fact that their husband is doing so much. I on the other hand, am having a hard time thinking about it since I am not there doing it, I won't know where this or that is (even if it is labeled). What is wrong with me? Ok, please don't answer though since the list might be too long.

I really should go to bed though so tomorrow I will catch up with cute pics and maybe some more insightful writings.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Im nervous for you! Will and I actually talked about that. I told him I'd be so nervous if it was me, letting Jason pack. Why, cuz when I was 6 months pregnant we moved out here, and Jason packed everything. It was not at ALL like I would have done it, but it was done... and when it came to putting things away, I didn't let him touch anything but the computer room!!!
I am sooooo excited for you guys. I want another baby too, but we have to wait just a bit longer. Our next kids will still be pretty close in age. Yea!

Kamie said...

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I think about it but I am not ready yet, it will be a little while too.

Lisa said...

You think 2 kids are crazy? Try 5! Keep reading my blog and that may remind you to put off another baby for quite some time! :) Honestly, it only gets better when there is more....the stories become a lot funnier.