So we have been trying to figure out how to get rid of the owls in our attic. Will made a joke that we could stick charlie (our dog) up there in bubble wrap to scare them away. For some reason it made me laugh at 1 in the morning as sick as that seems. Last night we came by the house to watch the Jazz game since we don't have our cable hooked up there yet. I was tempted to sleep on the bean bags here since it was 1 in the morning. Just when I was about to say I wanted to stay here we heard the owls squawking and screaching. We grabbed our stuff and left. Anyhow we called animal services a few days ago and they came by today. They opened up the stairs to the attic and there was an owl laying there. It had just died. They went up in our attic and found the other one dead too. I guess they had ate a poisoned mouse last night. It was so sad to see such beautiful animals lifeless. Don't get me wrong, they scare the crap out of me but still it is sad. Will found the remains of what it ate this morning too. Lovely. I guess they moved in a few days ago to build their nest and have babies. I hate the fact they died but am glad to have them out for the sake of the people buying our house. I am glad that they found them right after they died too so I didn't have to deal with the stench. It sucks they charged us $150 to come out(the same cost as if they had to catch them) when really they did nothing but am relieved to have to not deal with this. I am also glad Will didn't get hurt trying to take pictures. The guy said they can slice right through you arm. After Will took pictures they took flight in the attic and it scared the crap out of him. Hopefully this will be our last owl incident.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sorry to hear about the owls dying so tragically - almost like a good Greek mythology story! Does this mean you are in the new house now?
Wow - I've never heard of Owls nesting in the attic before. Are you sure you are Muggles? (wow! sooo geeky! I do love Harry Potter...)
Post a Comment