Kate got to come home after spending 3 weeks in the NICU. She was a champ. They prepared us for the long haul when we was first born saying she will probably be in there until her due date which would've been 8 weeks. She did great in the NICU (esp. compared to Ryan). Ryan stayed less time but was only 6 weeks early. Ryan was on CPAP and oxygen as well; where as Kate never had to have any help though she did have some apneas and bradys the first week. Ryan came home after 12 days weighing 4 lbs. 15 oz. Kate came home at 4 lbs. 2 oz. We had to get a new carseat a.) because we didn't have our other one anymore and b.) even if we did she was too small for it. Needless to say I love the new carseat. The first few nights she was home were rough. Mostly the pychological factor. Since she was so small and since we did have to stimulate her a few times in the hospital to help her to remember to breathe, we didn't really sleep at all. Every few minutes one of us would wake up and poke her to make sure she was breathing. Though newborns don't really die or SIDS (most are over 2 months) I had read so much about it and heard way to many stories that I couldn't help but worry. Not that we sleep great now, it is just the worry isn't as intense.
...
1 comment:
Congrats--she is beautiful, really beautiful. I'm so glad she is doing well! Good luck with the worrying, I hear ya! :)
Post a Comment